My Family

My Family

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Memories Captured Forever

Memories Captured Forever


Memories really do last a life time when you have them captured on a camera. This is one of my all time favourite photographs ever! It was taken on my hospital bed the day after my son Ryan was born. He was so tiny weighing in a just 6lb 13oz's. From the moment I saw him, I was in love. He was the sweetest little thing I had ever seen. He had the sweetest button nose with a head full of fluffy black hair. He even had his daddy's hairline which made me smile instantly.

Ryan wasn't my first born but he was the smallest. My two girls had weighed in at 7lb 8oz and 7lb 7oz they seemed huge compared to him. He was just to little, it almost frightened me.

Whenever I see this picture all those memories and feelings come flooding back. I relive those first few days and how nervous I was to hold him all over again. Just look at the size of daddy's hand, it's bigger than his head. It's a real reality check for me this, it really put things into proportion. He really was so tiny and small but so sweet and perfect! I love my son Ryan with all my heart, he's amazing. Each day has been a pleasure to watch him grow into the cheeky little man he has become. He's two years old now and growing up fast but he'll always be my little man. Nothing will ever change that, I take hundreds of photographs of all my kids as I know only too well that times goes by way too fast and once it's gone, you can never get it back. The only way you can hold onto those precious memories and make them live forever is by capturing them on film or in my case on my phone, which is good enough for me.

“This post is Christine's entry into the Printerpix Photo competition.” My entry is for the Babies under 2  category.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I love this photo, great memory! x

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete